Concerning the personal data we collect, BBN is the “Data handler”, or entity defining the purpose and way of personal data processing.
If you wish to contact us regarding your personal data or this Policy, please use the following contact data:
Business title: BBN Congress Management LLC
Address: 9 Deligradska Street
2. For what purpose and on what grounds do we process data?
We collect your personal data for the purpose of realising the contractual relationship that we, as the technical organiser, have with the organisers (hereinafter: “business partners”) of conferences, congresses, workshops, symposia, promotions and other scientific and professional events (hereinafter: “events”), who have authorised us to act as technical organisers in terms of collecting personal data from the participants.
We generally obtain your personal information directly from you, when you take part in or apply for some of the Convenor’s events, or with your consent. We will not use your personal data for advertising purposes, except by your permission. All your personal information shall be considered confidential, and BBN and/or our business partners shall retain them in an adequate manner (for more information refer to the section: Does BBN share my data with thirds parties?)
Likewise, in some cases you are required to provide your personal data for the purpose of implementing your agreement with the Convenor, or us as the technical organiser (e.g. personal data for organising excursions). If you do not wish us to have access to your personal data, we might not be able to provide you the services you expect when applying for some of the events under our technical organisation.
3. What data do we collect directly from you?
The general categories of data we collect from you are: name and surname, address, gender, preferred language, payment address, email address, phone, as given by you when filling in the form on your website or when communicating with us by phone or email, as well as other information which you decided to share with us on a voluntary basis.
4. What privacy rights are you entitled to?
Please understand that you are entitled to request from BBN at any time:
- permission for access to your personal data, a copy of personal data stored with us, notification of the purposes for which your personal data are used, notification with regard to the parties sharing your personal data, with regard to the time period during which we shall retain your personal data
- corrigendum of incorrectly entered data, or removal or amendment thereof
- removal of your personal data (“the right to be forgotten”)
- suspension of the processing of your personal data or withdrawal of your consent for processing if the processing is based on your consent. Should your personal information turn out to be essential for the implementation of certain contractual liabilities of BBN towards you, it might not be possible for BBN to carry out such contractual liabilities. Likewise, if your personal data are required by BBN in order to comply with certain legal liabilities, your request cannot be granted.
- limited access to your data from us and/or third parties
- permission to file a complaint concerning the way we handle your data, if the complaint is based on legal grounds,
- permission to transfer your data to another handler (right of data transfer)
5. Where are your personal data retained?
The personal data we collect on you are retained in a secure environment. Your personal information is protected against unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organisation or individual.
Your personal data are retained in a digital format and are stored in BBN premises and IT systems.
When processing very confidential information (such as credit card numbers) via the internet, privileged information is transferred through the public network in a protected (encrypted) form by using the SSL protocol, by applying the latest methods of tokenization of sensitive data, and in accordance with the PCI-DSS standards. Data security is guaranteed by the payment cards processor UniCredit Bank Belgrade when shopping. Payment card data shall not be at any time accessible to us.
3D Secure protection for all merchants and customers – AllSecure Payment Gateway uses the latest global standards of data protection and privacy. All merchants using AllSecure Payment Gateway are automatically included in 3D-Secure protection, which guarantees secure buying for the customers. The customers’ payment card numbers are not stored in the merchant’s system and the actual entry is protected by SSL data encryption.
6. Does BBN share my data with third parties?
Your privacy protection is very important to BBN and that is why we will never share your personal data with third parties for purposes not described in this Policy.
As the technical organiser of events, we will share your personal information with the event Convenors.
When doing that, we transfer your data to the servers which provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with the EU legislation.
7. How long will BBN retain your personal data
BBN shall retain your personal data for a period of 10 years after the implementation of contractual relationship with the Convenor, in whose event it will participate. Given that the events are repeated periodically and that printed material on the organisation of new events with the same topic is published and distributed in the meantime, we will retain your personal data for the purpose of timely notification and announcement of new events.
8. For what purpose do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in different ways, mostly for implementing the contractual relationship based on the Business and Technical Cooperation Agreement with the Convenors (e.g. in order to technically organise a certain event with the Convenors and invite the participants concerned, we organise payment of registration fee and accommodation of participants). We also use your personal data to a certain extent for promoting and announcing some future events with the same or similar topic in which you had already participated.
The BBN company does not use on its website the technology generally known as “cookies”. However, on BBN’s website there are links for other websites/social media se (Facebook, Linkedln, Instagram). The aforementioned social media or third parties may also automatically collect information such as your IP address, information on your browser and device and address from which you visit our website.
10. Call for participation
The BBN company would like to send you information on future events and services which might be of interest to you (e.g. as a potential sponsor or exhibitor at some of the future events). If you do not wish to receive such messages, you may simply unsubscribe later at any time, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the end of the e-mail.
11. Your consent
This Policy comes into effect on 21 August 2019.